Her Name is Janet

...Or Smartass, if you were to ever ask my mom. If only she'd had the foresight.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Today I wore my current favorite outfit: crisp white Oxford, herringbone skirt and super-sassy knee length black boots. Topped of with awesome double-stranded pearls I got as a thank you gift for standing as a bridesmaid in the wedding from hell. It's the least she could do really, the pearls, considering the screaming, and then the sobbing, going on between the bride and groom 30 minutes before the ceremony. And the fact that I stood in the blazing sun for an hour while bees swarmed my floral-bedecked head.

As a great side note, by the way, those wedding pictures were classic. An outdoor wedding on the hottest day of the year. The dresses clung to our sweat-soaked bodies like wet Saran wrap. Our hair, plasticated (finally! I get to use the word) by layers of shellac and--yes--more sweat, looked FABULOUS. You can actually see beads of perspiration running down our faces in the photos. And the sweat stains under our arms. Can I paint a prettier picture for you?

ANYWAY, the point is, I wore this cute outfit. At 5:00 o'clock I traded the super-sassy's for ├╝ber-ugly blue shearling lined boots and hiking socks, because dang! it's cold outside. Still wearing the herringbone and pearls. If my 17 year old self could see my 35 year old self, she'd be dying right now.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you'd get past the hair bow, dangly ear ring, long tee shirt stage.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger mommy stauffer said...

Janet, I didn't know you could wear pearls with oxford shirts. I am clueless. Teach me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home